Manager, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Vice President, Human Resources
Liberty Mutual Canada is the Canadian operation of Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. We offer a broad suite of commercial insurance products and solutions to mid-size and large Canadian companies with Canadian, North American and/or multinational risks. Liberty Mutual Canada has over 250 employees and services its clients coast-to-coast from our regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal and Halifax.
At Liberty Mutual Canada, diversity is about all of us. Our promise to you is a culture that is collaborative, rewarding and empowering. We are committed to attracting and retaining employees across all dimensions of diversity and believe that recognizing, appreciating, and applying the unique insights, perspectives and backgrounds of each person cultivates an atmosphere of trust and respect. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) is how we do business, and we’ll continue to invest in it to create a stronger global organization.
If you are unsure whether or not your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied and diverse perspectives and experiences that we can add to our team!
Our core values guide all of our decision-making and come to life through our benefits and employee programs. We offer:
- A premier flexible work environment (a combination of on-site & remote work) supporting our employees in their pursuit of a healthy work-life balance
- Competitive health & dental benefits plan
- Market-leading pension plan
- Competitive time off policy
- External education & tuition reimbursement programs
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- An opportunity to get involved and become a member of one of our national employee committees – social responsibility, employee engagement, diversity, equity & inclusion
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Manager, Human Resources serves as a trusted partner and advisor, leveraging relationships at all levels of the organization to provide consultative HR support and expertise to assigned client groups in support of Liberty Mutual Canada’s business strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Champion and model our Liberty values and Guidelines for Inclusion to drive market leading culture and ensure positive employee engagement.
- Strategic partner providing full service human resources consultative support in the areas of HR Policy interpretation/application, recruitment & retention, compensation, employee relations, talent identification and development, training, performance management, organizational design and change management to assigned client groups.
- Supports leaders through the planning, coordination, and execution of the full recruitment and selection process.
- Partners with senior client group leaders to ensure performance management is being effectively employed in support of a high-performance culture. Manages the performance rating review and calibration processes within assigned client groups.
- Support and coach leaders through employee relations issues up to and including terminations. This includes providing guidance on conversations with employees, documentation requirements and potential legal issues as well as liaising with internal and external counsel as appropriate. May participate in investigations as needed.
- Proactively analyzes workforce analytics (i.e., turnover, staffing levels, exit interviews, workforce demographics etc.) to identify areas of concern, trends and emerging issues. Partners with leaders to develop appropriate solutions and action plans to address issues.
- Coaches’ leaders on assessing and developing talent, recommend actions to build organizational bench strength and act as a resource on career development and succession planning.
- Responsible for supporting the rollout of corporate/global programs, policies, and initiatives to ensure consistent implementation and application of programs.
- Partners with global HR colleagues to ensure appropriate consistency of approach, determine possible synergies and leverages HR best practices for LM Canada.
- Thought leader and agent of change with respect to the HR function, constantly and creatively assessing and sharing opportunities and risk, driving continuous improvement and demonstrating how the function may be used, changed or adapted to provide benefits to assigned client groups and broader organization.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and in-depth knowledge of requirements related to HR, reducing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance, especially with respect to Federal and Provincial employment legislation.
- Other HR duties as assigned including research and implementation of best HR practices and participation/leading special projects.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Business, or related experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience conducting full life-cycle recruiting, ideally in a corporate environment at all levels
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Deep understanding of all functional areas of HR
- Knowledge of employment law
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to respectfully and tactfully interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take a consultative approach, build strong collaborative relationships, influence key stakeholders, and gain consensus to achieve goals
- Highly self-directed and solution-oriented with a high sense of urgency to deliver results and meet business deadlines
- Proven organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Multi-tasks successfully with a proven ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office products specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
Interested candidates should submit a resume to https://tealandco.com/careers/
Liberty Mutual Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees feel valued and supported. We are committed to building a workforce that is representative of the communities we operate in and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process due to a disability (which may be invisible or visible, temporary or permanent), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Return to job opportunities listing