Senior Reinsurance Coordinator
Reports To: Team Leader, Finance Operations
Liberty Mutual Canada is the Canadian operation of Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. We offer a broad suite of commercial insurance products and solutions to mid-size and large Canadian companies with Canadian, North American and/or multinational risks. Liberty Mutual Canada has over 250 employees and services its clients coast-to-coast from our regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal and Halifax.
At Liberty Mutual Canada, diversity is about all of us. Our promise to you is a culture that is collaborative, rewarding and empowering. We are committed to attracting and retaining employees across all dimensions of diversity and believe that recognizing, appreciating, and applying the unique insights, perspectives and backgrounds of each person cultivates an atmosphere of trust and respect. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) is how we do business, and we’ll continue to invest in it to create a stronger global organization.
If you are unsure whether or not your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied and diverse perspectives and experiences that we can add to our team!
Our core values guide all of our decision-making and come to life through our benefits and employee programs. We offer:
- A premier flexible work environment (a combination of on-site & remote work) supporting our employees in their pursuit of a healthy work-life balance
- Competitive health & dental benefits plan
- Market-leading pension plan
- Competitive time off policy
- External education & tuition reimbursement programs
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- An opportunity to get involved and become a member of one of our national employee committees – social responsibility, employee engagement, diversity, equity & inclusion
Reporting to the Team Leader, Finance Operations, the Senior Reinsurance Coordinator is responsible for ensuring reinsurance operations are reported in an accurate and timely manner. Specifically, the Senior Reinsurance Coordinator will be responsible for conducting analysis and overseeing billing/collections of reinsurance transactions. In addition, this role will be responsible for ensuring that all assigned monthly reporting tasks to internal stakeholders are accurate and completed on time, and completes ad hoc tasks as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all treaties, quota share and XOL treaties are appropriately settled with the markets and internal reinsurance teams on a timely basis.
- Analyzes and validates reinsurance files and corresponding premium and claims payments.
- Processes and provides accurate and timely information to internal and external stakeholders
- Oversees the reporting of reinsurance accounts, including liaising with underwriters and external parties to ensure accounts are reported and settled on time.
- Ability to compute and effectively communicate reinsurance recoveries related to large losses (per Canadian reinsurance programs).
- Liaises with other key stakeholders (underwriter assistants, brokers, claims etc.) to proactively resolve issues and clear outstanding balances.
- Develops effective working relationships with external clients (ceding companies) and local office and business stakeholders to ensure both client and internal stakeholder needs are met.
- Responsible for reconciling broker statements with our records, distributing broker statements as required and follow up on outstanding items to resolution with brokers.
- Maintains oversight and reviews work produced by our outsourcing partners.
- Actively seeks enhancements and makes recommendations for new processes to improve efficiencies or rectifies inaccuracies or information gaps.
- Provides assistance and ensures transparency in the communication to key internal stakeholders and external clients
- Develops and fosters relationship with internal and external stakeholders as the first point of contact for re-insurance.
- Ability to organize and lead on reinsurance workflows including organizing and leading meetings on any exceptions. Perform ad hoc tasks as requested.
- Takes ownership of key reinsurance workflows, recommends and drives improvement as is necessary
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance or Accounting preferred) and a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues, present information in a clear manner and coach other team members.
- Advanced working proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Shows judgment in critically evaluating client data
- Keen attention to detail with strong analytical ability
- Highly organized, delivery-orientated with the ability to proactively manage stakeholder expectations
- Highly motivated, results oriented and solutions focused
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within deadlines
- Ability to identify and manage key priorities
Interested candidates should submit a resume to CareersCanada@libertymutual.com indicating the job title in the subject line.
Liberty Mutual Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees feel valued and supported. We are committed to building a workforce that is representative of the communities we operate in and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process due to a disability (which may be invisible or visible, temporary or permanent), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Return to job opportunities listing