Chemicals and petrochemicals
Chemicals and petrochemicals present unique, complex risk challenges — with potential severity well beyond most other industries.
Keep your business better protected with our chemical and petrochemical coverage solutions.
Our dedicated underwriters, claims specialists, and risk engineers bring deep industry experience to their work, providing tailored, worldwide coverage solutions with up to $150 million in capacity.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
Chemical and petrochemical facilities present both significant and specialized, complex exposures involving potential severity well beyond most other industries. Our dedicated team of underwriters, risk engineers and claims managers have the industry insight, experience and expertise to provide tailored insurance solutions and worldwide coverage with up to $150 million capacity.
- Ammonia/methanol/fertilizer plants
- Ethylene and various petrochemical production plants
- Ethanol/biofuel production
- Industrial chemicals and gases; gas storage
- Terminals and tankage
Generally excluded from appetite
- Control of well covers
- Offshore (marine) exploration and production
- Standalone boiler & machinery
- Property, Machinery Breakdown, and Business Interruption
- A flexible, manuscript policy wording approach
- Global market presence with a successful track record of protecting businesses in your industry
- Flexibility to meet your operational coverage needs
- Worldwide engineering and claims expertise as part of our seamless and integrated business unit approach to energy insurance
- Quota share and excess capacity provided on a leading or strong supporting basis
Liberty Mutual Canada™ is the registered business name under which the Canadian branch of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Company operates in Canada. This literature is a summary only and does not include all terms, conditions, or exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy language for complete details of coverage and exclusions.