Course of construction (builder’s risk)
Lay the foundation for your project with Course of Construction from Liberty.
As a global leader in onshore course of construction solutions, we take a flexible, full-service approach, working with you to protect your project from unexpected losses. By offering coverage for losses up to $150 million, along with top-tier service, we’re a preferred choice for commercial contractors and property owners across Canada.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
We believe in offering consistent coverage tailored to your unique needs, reliable claims services, and renowned underwriting standards. As a leading provider of onshore Course of Construction insurance on a global basis, we can offer up to $150 million USD in PML.
- Commercial and industrial structures
- High-rise structures
- Steel, metals, and heavy industrial projects
- Oil, gas, petrochemical and specialty chemical
- Power generation
- Civil engineering projects
- Wood frame and mass timber
Generally excluded from appetite
- Offshore and wet works
- Refurbishment and renovation projects
- Dam construction
Our flexible programs can be tailored to your specific needs, and can encompass:
- Builders All Risks, including testing and commissioning
- Delay in Start-Up/Advance Loss of Profits
- Manuscript wordings
$150M USD PML
- Global insurance leader with multiple product line offerings for the construction industry
- Flexibility to meet your project coverage needs
- Worldwide underwriting and claims expertise in the technical aspects of course of construction business, including Erection All Risk (EAR), Contractor’s All Risk (CAR), and Civil Engineering Projects
- Coverage capabilities include project cargo, marine risks.
- Full quota share capacity on a leading and strong following basis
- Engineering capabilities are strategically located worldwide
Liberty Mutual Canada™ is the registered business name under which the Canadian branch of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Company operates in Canada. This literature is a summary only and does not include all terms, conditions, or exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy language for complete details of coverage and exclusions.