Power generation facilities across Canada and the U S. benefit from Liberty’s operational, all-risk coverage, protecting against losses of up to $150 million for multinational and domestic companies alike.
How do we do it? With dedicated, fully integrated teams of underwriters, claims specialists, and risk engineers. See why our expertise and technical insight make us an insurer of choice for this highly specialized industry.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
When you’re in the business of generating power, you also generate risk. We provide Operational All Risk coverage up to $150 million USD for both multinational and domestic power generation facilities.
Our dedicated, fully integrated teams of underwriters, risk engineers and claims managers are veterans of the power generation industry and have the expertise and technical insight to provide tailored insurance solutions and unparalleled client service.
- Hydroelectric power plants
- Steam turbine power plants
- Simple/combined cycle power plants
- Co-generation plants
- Wind/solar/renewable power facilities
Generally excluded from appetite
- Prototypical equipment
- Standalone boiler & machinery
- Transmission and distribution risks
- Property, machinery breakdown, and business interruption
- Global market presence with a successful track record of protecting businesses in your industry
- Flexibility to meet your operational property, machinery breakdown, and business interruption coverage needs, including manuscript policy wordings
- Worldwide engineering and claims expertise as part of our seamless and integrated business unit approach to energy insurance
- Quota share and excess capacity provided on a leading or strong supporting basis
Liberty Mutual Canada™ is the registered business name under which the Canadian branch of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Company operates in Canada. This literature is a summary only and does not include all terms, conditions, or exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy language for complete details of coverage and exclusions.