Fixed site pollution legal liability
Environmental regulations and compliance standards grow more complex by the day.
Our fixed-site pollution legal liability coverage helps protect your business with an environmental impairment package that covers clean-up costs, bodily injury, property damage, defense, and other specified expenses at covered locations.
It’s a specialized policy from an experienced team, ready to support your business whether claims stem from pre-existing or new pollution conditions.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
With the increase in environmental regulations and compliance standards, companies of all shapes and sizes face serious operational and risk management challenges today. To help protect these companies against losses stemming from pre-existing or new pollution conditions arising at their covered locations, we offer Fixed Site Pollution Legal Liability coverage – an Environmental Impairment Liability (EIL) policy that covers clean-up costs, bodily injury claims, property damage, defence and other specified expenses.
- Academic institutions
- Commercial real estate operations
- Energy-related industry
- Fuel and chemical storage terminals
- Transportation facilities
- Warehouse, storage and distribution centers
- Waste treatment, storage and disposal facilities
Generally excluded from appetite
- Large commercial real estate portfolios
- Site ownership of oil/gas wells/abandoned wells and plugged wells
- Site with lagoons/tailings
- Municipalities and municipal water supplies (portable usage)
- Surface/underground mining
- Deep water risks
- $5,000 minimum deductible and premium
- Multi-year policy terms are available
- Covers both sudden and gradual events
- Illicit Abandonment Coverage available
- No sublimit on mitigation expense (i.e emergency response costs)
- Available on a primary or excess basis
- Fast responsive service from in-house EIL underwriters in Toronto, New York, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Madrid, and Sydney
- Successful ten-year track record writing EIL policies
- Consistent, thorough underwriting approach enabling our team to address complex environmental liabilities
- Straightforward EIL application forms
Liberty Mutual Canada™ is the registered business name under which the Canadian branch of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Company operates in Canada. This literature is a summary only and does not include all terms, conditions, or exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy language for complete details of coverage and exclusions.