Storage tank pollution
Pollution claims related to storage tanks can be complex and costly.
To help manage these specialized risks, Liberty provides storage tank third-party liability, corrective action, and clean-up coverage. This environmental impairment liability (EIL) insurance helps protect against losses related to clean-up, corrective actions, bodily injury, property damage, or legal defense.
Our experienced underwriters will tailor your policy to your business, with steady support from our responsive, knowledgeable claims specialists and risk engineers.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
We offer a Storage Tank Third-Party Liability, Corrective Action and Clean-Up policy providing Environmental Impairment Liability (EIL) coverage for claims arising out of pollution conditions emanating from a scheduled storage tank. The policy helps protect against losses, including clean-up costs, corrective action costs, bodily injury, property damage, and defense expenses.
- Academic institutions
- Commercial real estate
- Convenience stores
- Fuel storage terminals
- Gas station/service stations
- Warehouse storage and distribution
- Waste treatment, storage, and disposal facilities
Generally excluded from appetite
- Tanks over 26-years-old
- On-site and off-site bodily injury, property damage and cleanup costs
- Loading and unloading coverage
- Covers both sudden and gradual events
- Covers both aboveground and underground storage tanks and associated piping
- Fast responsive service from in-house EIL underwriters in Toronto, New York, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Madrid, and Sydney
- Successful ten-year track record writing EIL policies
- Consistent, thorough underwriting approach enabling our team to address complex environmental liabilities
- Straightforward EIL application form
Liberty Mutual Canada™ is the registered business name under which the Canadian branch of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Company operates in Canada. This literature is a summary only and does not include all terms, conditions, or exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy language for complete details of coverage and exclusions.