Private equity advantage
Financial services firms operate within a strict regulatory environment—in fact, one of the strictest of any industry.
Liberty’s Private Equity Advantage product helps financial services professionals cover expenses related to liability claims, allowing them to focus on the business of delivering investor returns and competitive value.
As one of the only carriers in Canada with a dedicated Financial Institutions team, Liberty is well suited to the intricacies of the financial services industry. With tailored coverage from experienced underwriters, plus claims and risk control expertise, your organization will be better prepared for growth.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
Private equity firms are held to some of the most stringent regulations in any industry and continue to face pressure to deliver investor returns and competitive value. But driving growth in this complex environment creates unique risks that require specialized protection.
Firms across the world benefit from the flexibility and convenience of working with us for all their insurance needs. With a comprehensive array of coverages, an experienced private equity team, and global underwriting and claims expertise, we can provide tailored solutions for firms, their merger and acquisition deals, and the businesses in their portfolios.
Private equity firms that have strong management, a sophisticated institutional investor base and are focused on investments in Canadian portfolio companies.
Generally excluded from appetite
Private equity companies focusing on investing in portfolio companies that are involved in initial coin offerings, U.S. based Cannabis operations or are U.S. traded.
Up to $15M
- Insured organization coverage for professional services, employment practices claims and securities claims
- Indemnified and non-indemnified coverage for insured persons serving on portfolio companies and non-profit entities
- Fraud/willful violation exclusion – final, non-appealable judgment or adjudication language
- Predetermined allocation for defence costs with “floor language”
- Policy is non-cancelable except for non-payment of premium or mutual agreement between Liberty and the parent organization
- Broad definition of professional services
- No exclusion for Canadian publicly traded companies
- Dedicated underwriting team in Canada offering local service in both English and French and understanding of Private Equity operations for our target market
- Client focused underwriting team that understands complex risks and are dedicated to providing unparalleled service
- Strong claims reputation for mutual cooperation and sophistication in Canada with a claims team staffed with lawyers