We’re proud to be one of the top domestic D&O insurers in Canada.
With more than 30 years of experience, we’re ready to protect your public organization from claims against your trusted directors and officers.
Why choose Liberty? Because our market-leading Public Advantage Liability (PAL) product helps protect your organization, whether it’s a multinational company on the TSX and NYSE or a smaller domestic business on the TSX-V.
Supported by our experienced underwriters, claims specialists, and risk engineers, you’ll gain peace of mind with coverage tailored to your industry and your business.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
As a top 5 domestic D&O insurer in Canada* our aim is to provide our customers with market-leading coverage that helps protect what’s most important. Whether you’re a large multinational company that’s dual-listed on the TSX and NYSE or a small-sized domestic business listed on the TSX-V, our experienced team of underwriters can tailor our Public Advantage Liability product to fit the unique needs of your business.
We have a broad appetite covering a majority of industries with few a exceptions noted below. However, generally we are targeting companies that are financially stable with experienced directors and officers.
Generally excluded from appetite
- Adult entertainment
- Start-up High-technology and bio-tech/pharma
- Mining (except Exploration)
*based on GWP as reported in the 2022 OSFI Results
- “Claims made” – as soon as practicable – no requirement to report within the policy period or a specified number of days after the policy period
- Advancement of defence costs and retention within 60 days
- Insuring agreement 1.1 (“Non-indemnified claims”) is non-rescindable
- Prior & pending litigation exclusion – only applies to litigation against an insured person
- Conduct exclusions – final, non-appealable adjudication language; does not apply to indemnified claims
- Broad definitions of claim, defence costs, insured person, loss, subsidiary, and wrongful act
- DIC coverage for claims in a foreign jurisdiction where Liberty has a policy registered and is broader
- Ability to offer up to 10 years “Run-off” coverage when the parent organization is sold, providing extra security for the executive team
- Experienced underwriting and claims team with the ability to correspond in English, Greek, Spanish, Cantonese & Mandarin
- Fast-track renewal process for TSX companies under $1B market capitalization
Liberty Mutual Canada™ is the registered business name under which the Canadian branch of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Company operates in Canada. This literature is a summary only and does not include all terms, conditions, or exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy language for complete details of coverage and exclusions.