From inclement weather to unpredictable catches, the marine industry presents a constantly changing array of challenges.
Liberty provides the specialized coverage you need to protect your investment, with Hull and Machinery, P&I, and Shipbuilders’ Risk insurance.
Vessel owners and other marine industry professionals rest easier knowing their ships are safely protected, whether on the water or at the dock. And with in-house marine industry specialists bringing underwriting, claims, and risk engineering expertise to every policy, it’s no wonder we’re a carrier of choice for the marine industry.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
Specialized needs demand specialized solutions. That’s why the world’s terminal operators, port authorities, ship repairers, , and other marine businesses rely on the highly specialized underwriting, claims and risk engineering services of Liberty Mutual Insurance.
- Marine contractor (on/off shore)
- Port authority
- Ship repairer
- Terminal operator
- Comprehensive General Liability coverage, including product and completed operations for marine risks (MGL)
- Stand-alone marine liability for stevedores, wharfingers, ship repairers, and terminal operators
- Coverage is on occurrence basis
- Care, custody and control exposures
- Vessel exposures
- Flexible minimum premium
- Deductible/SIR structures
- Additional insured status of the named insured’s client where required by written contract
- Associated P&I coverage
- International coverage
- Primary: $5M
- Excess: $20M
- Streamlined application and policy form tailored specifically for marine clients
- In-house marine engineers
- Tailored coverage for multinational risks, including locally admitted policies
Liberty Mutual Canada™ is the registered business name under which the Canadian branch of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Company operates in Canada. This literature is a summary only and does not include all terms, conditions, or exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy language for complete details of coverage and exclusions.