Marine cargo businesses move goods to their destinations around the world.
We help cargo operators keep those businesses running smoothly.
Our Marine Cargo coverage offers broad, worldwide protection against risks such as theft, fire, or other physical loss of goods in transit. And with Liberty’s experienced underwriters, claims specialists, and risk engineers standing behind every policy, cargo operators can breathe easier knowing they’re better prepared for whatever lies ahead.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
International trade and shipping touches virtually every industry so moving goods safely is crucial to keeping those businesses running smoothly. Cargo owners need coverage they can count on while goods are in transit. Liberty Mutual Insurance provides worldwide, warehouse to warehouse coverage that can be customized to protect ocean cargo and the business owners responsible for it.
Our ocean marine cargo coverage offers broad protection for cargo and the business owners responsible for it.
- Capacity up to $20M
- Multiyear policy options with additional premium savings
- Flat, nonauditable premiums
- Broad, warehouse-to-warehouse coverage
- Coverage for inland transit or warehouse storage
- International policy issuance capabilities
Transit limit capacity to $20M (CAD/USD) per conveyance
- Liberty Mutual Canada’s highly experienced in-house team take a focused and holistic look at each risk, to reduce the likelihood of unexpected (and costly) surprises and ensure that the project has the proper amount of policy coverage and risk protection
- Tailored coverage for multinational risks, including locally admitted policies
- In-house engineering staff with significant field experience
An efficient and easy way to write Ocean Cargo insurance online, LibertyMutualCargo.com provides you with an instant quote on most accounts, and allows you to bind policies and issue certificates – all online. LibertyMutualCargo.com is supported by a fully dedicated Cargo underwriting team.
Some of the key features of our platform include:
- $1,500 minimum premium
- Online application
- Instant policy documentation on binding via email
- Certificate issuance capabilities
Liberty Mutual Canada™ is the registered business name under which the Canadian branch of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Company operates in Canada. This literature is a summary only and does not include all terms, conditions, or exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy language for complete details of coverage and exclusions.