The ever-evolving roles and responsibilities of general contractors, construction managers, construction agents and construction trades make contractors professional liability coverage a necessity in today’s business world.
At Liberty, we understand your contracting client’s nuanced exposures, and our underwriting expertise lends us the ability to understand each risk and custom-tailor our product to suit the unique needs of small to large companies, partnerships or practice groups.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
- Canadian-domiciled, general or specialty contractors, construction managers and design-builders
- Can consider a variety of standard to complex project types
- Target contracting firms with comprehensive risk management practices, including in-house quality control/quality assurance procedures and protocols
What we’ve been writing
- Contractor’s professional liability insurance for Alberta-based EPCM firm specializing in design, engineering, procurement and fabrication of modular gas and heavy oil processing plants, as well as compression equipment.
- Contractor’s professional liability insurance for +$200M multi-disciplinary contracting firm specializing in sales and service of industrial earthmoving and construction equipment, paving machines, and forestry and mining equipment.
- Excess Project-specific Professional Insurance provided to a major contractor leading the design and construction of a private-public-partnership cancer treatment hospital project
- Asbestos contractors
- Critical transportation equipment
- Amusement parks
- Dams/offshore drilling
- Marine piers and ports
- Mining (including tailings work and shaft mining)
- Oil and gas pipelines (including non-destructive testing)
- Product design for mass production
- Residential condos (except if a low exposure)
- Multi-year option with annual limits
- Pollution Incident coverage—BI/PD arising from the performance of Professional Services
- BI/PD coverage in additional to third-party financial loss – arising from the performance of Professional Services
- Mitigation of Loss: reimbursement of reasonable expenses to mitigate Damages resulting from a pre-claim Design Error
- Supplemental Payments Extensions (no applicable Deductible)
- Pre-Claims Assistance: resulting from Liberty investigations
- Reimbursement Expenses: Actual loss of earnings and reasonable expenses when attending hearings, depositions and trials
- Disciplinary Proceedings: Reimbursement of reasonable lawyer’s fees
- ODA, NHA or OHSA Expense Reimbursement
- Loss of Document(s)
- Broad Definition of Professional Services including practice as an architect, engineer, scientist, construction manager, environmental consultant and LEED AP
- Mediation Deductible Credit of 50% (to a maximum reduction of $25,000) for Claims resolved through Mediation
- Coverage for Insured’s participation in a joint venture
- Worldwide territory coverage
- Project-specific and practice policies available (excess)
- Dedicated and bilingual Contractors’ E&O underwriting and claims professionals
- In-house claims handling expertise with local authority and specialization in architects, engineers, and contractors’ professional liability
- International capabilities with more than thirty offices worldwide
Liberty Mutual Canada™ is the registered business name under which the Canadian branch of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Company operates in Canada. This literature is a summary only and does not include all terms, conditions, or exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy language for complete details of coverage and exclusions.