Insurance company E&O
In Canada, insurance companies are subject to a number of federal and provincial regulations designed to protect both policyholders and the insurer.
As one of few companies with a dedicated Financial Institutions team, we understand the nuanced exposures insurance companies face on a day-to-day basis. Our team of dedicated underwriters can custom-tailor our product offerings to provide protection from the unexpected.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
- Life insurance companies
- Mutual insurance companies
- Property and casualty insurance companies
- Reinsurance companies
- Managing General Agents (MGA’s)
Generally excluded from appetite
- Specialty insurers with significant focus in the U.S.
- Viatical/life settlement insurance companies
- Claim includes a regulatory investigation against an Insured
- Broad definition of professional services, which includes services performed by outside vendors on behalf of the insureds
- Ability to settle a claim without Liberty’s prior written consent if the total loss from the claim does not exceed 50% of the retention
- Reporting language is as soon as practicable, but in no event later than 60 days after the end of the policy period or discovery period
- Non-cancelable by Liberty except for non-payment of premium
- Dedicated underwriting team in Canada offering local service in both English and French
- Client focused underwriting team that understands complex risks and are dedicated to providing unparalleled service
- Strong claims reputation for mutual cooperation and sophistication in Canada with a claims team staffed with lawyers
Liberty Mutual Canada™ is the registered business name under which the Canadian branch of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Company operates in Canada. This literature is a summary only and does not include all terms, conditions, or exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy language for complete details of coverage and exclusions.