U.S. workers’ compensation
Expanding your business into the U.S. brings new challenges.
Bringing on U.S. employees is easier with Liberty’s U.S. workers’ compensation coverage. This state-mandated insurance ensures wages and medical benefits are covered in case of a workplace injury or disease.
Our dedicated teams across Canada make onboarding easier. We stay connected with you to understand your business, offer advice, and answer questions, providing top-tier service for your business.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
U.S. workers’ compensation is state-mandated insurance that covers lost wages and provides medical benefits to employees who have suffered a workplace injury or disease. Our dedicated underwriters are located regionally across Canada in Halifax, Montreal, Toronto and Calgary to provide easy placement and quick response time to any questions you may have.
- Canadian owned businesses with U.S. employees and a focus on risk reduction
Our appetite is broad, but target industries include:
- Construction trades
- Oil and gas services
- Food and beverage
- Manufacturers, distributors, and wholesalers
- Property management
- Power and utilities
- Real estate and financial institutions
What we’ve been writing
- Network of dental practices
- B2B Customer intelligence platform/computer programming
- Multi-faceted property management company with interests in renewable power energy and private equity
- E-commerce retailer specializing in software design, website development and media marketing
- Entertainment technology installer and operator
- Manufacturing risks involving machinery, food, stereo and audio speakers, and steel fabrication
- Fabrication and installation of fall arrest safety systems
- Commercial janitorial services
- Retail store chain
Generally out of appetite
- Heavy construction
- Underground mining
- Trucking/transportation/courier services
- Offshore operations and exploration
- Long-term care facilities/retirement homes
- Liberty Mutual is able to provide coverage as part of an overall property and casualty program or on a standalone basis
- Statutory Workers Compensation coverage with $1M Employers’ Liability limits
- Coverage includes medical, indemnity and expenses arising out workplace injury or diseases resulting from scope of employment, and as per state benefit levels
- Occurrence based coverage
- Licensed to write in all states excluding the monopolistic states of Ohio, North Dakota, Washington and Wyoming – coverage in these states is provided by the individual state Workers Compensation Bureau
- Skilled underwriting team located across Canada with extensive technical expertise and local authority
- Access to Liberty Mutual professional risk control consultants and claims adjusters specializing in Workers Compensation
- Dedicated single point of contact for ease of doing business
- Direct access to the Liberty Mutual Group, one of the largest writers of U.S. workers’ compensation
- Continuing education approved seminars in AB, BC and ON
Broker and client resources and tools
- Fast claims reporting either online or through Liberty Mutual’s 24-hour 1-800 centralized claims reporting center
- Easy access to claims data through an individual client-based portal site
- Online safety tools to assist with client risk management
- Assigned U.S. regional claims teams
This website is intended to be informational. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.