Employment Practices Liability
We understand the dangers associated with an employment-related lawsuit and the potential impact it can have on your business. Our Employment Practices Liability (EPL) insurance helps protect companies and individuals from serious threats to their reputations and financial stability. Our coverage is offered on a worldwide basis.
Broad appetite covering a majority of industries with a few exceptions noted below. However, generally we are targeting companies with sound employment practices.
Generally excluded from appetite
- Law firms
- Long-term care facilities
- Sports organizations
- Television, film production, and radio broadcasting
- Leading-edge extensions to address changes in the employment liability laws
- Ability to insure companies with U.S. employees across all States
- Experienced Panel of outside EPL counsel to provide extensive guidance in a claim
- Ability to offer multi-year terms for certain accounts, up to 3 years, with new limits every year and installment premium due annually.
- Policy that covers civil proceedings, as well as administrative or regulatory proceedings before a human rights tribunal.
- “Fast-track” renewal process
The Liberty difference
- Dedicated underwriting team in Canada offering local service in both English and French
- Responsive claims team with a strong reputation for mutual cooperation and sophistication in Canada